This dish is excellent with family and friends. The warm colors of yellow and beige bring out the comfort in food and at home. This is a traditional Filipino dish. The taste is usually sweet and welcoming. It is mostly served in family gatherings, fiestas, birthdays, Christmas and some Festivals.
- 2 whole Chicken Breasts, cut into 8 (serves up to 3-4 persons depending on appetite)
- Half can coconut milk
- Fresh Pineapples (depends on the quantity you like)
- 3 cloves garlic
- Half slice white onion
- 3 tablespoon of cooking oil
- salt, pepper and coconut sugar (brown sugar) to taste
- Chili flakes and basil (optional)
- First, roughly chop the 3 cloves of garlic, next side-slices of white onion.
- Second, heat the pan in medium heat. Then, pour the 3 tablespoon of oil on the pan. Next, saute roughly chopped garlic, saute for half a minute (don't leave it too brown).
- Thirdly, Stir-fry chicken with garlic. When chicken breasts are cooked well (don't overcook it), Saute the onion and pineapple for 1 minute.
- Lastly, add half can of coconut milk and saute. Add salt, pepper and coconut sugar (brown sugar) to taste.
- Set the stove in low heat, leave it covered and wait until the sauce thickens (don't forget to taste).
- Garnish with chili flakes and basil (optional)
Enjoy it with the family! :)