Broccoli and Mushroom Carbonara by Sheff de Leon (original)
- Fresh Broccoli
- Canned mushrooms
- Half slice of the Onion
- 2 cloves of Garlic
- Whole Grain Pasta (preferably Barilla)
- 1 canned coconut milk
- salt, pepper and brown sugar
- olive oil
- Basil leaves (for garnishing)
- Cut broccoli into small pieces, including the stem (depending on your type)
- Steam the broccoli to boiling water for 5 minutes.
- While waiting for the broccoli, start chopping the onion, garlic and mushrooms.
- After steaming the broccoli, set aside the broccoli. Start boiling water with salt for the pasta.
- Heat the pan into medium-heat. Add olive oil (not too much).
- When oil is already hot, add garlic and stir then add onion and saute together.
- Add mushrooms and saute for a minute or more.
- Then pour coconut milk onto the pan, then wait until slightly boiling.
- Add salt, pepper and brown sugar (depending on your taste) then stir.
- Add now the pasta and broccoli onto the pan and turn the heat off.
- Mix them up all well.
- Garnish it with Basil leaves. then Voila!